WSF Competition Proposal
I. Fitness Program
Sokol general fitness as the main program activity in Sokol Units has a great importance above all for the human health ad physical fitness.
It combines activities:
- Aerobic – i.e. the activities practiced with higher intensity for a longer time period, the organism is involved as a whole. Such activity develops the heart and lungs activities, supports the ventilation of the lungs and an effective utilization of oxygen. It develops general endurance.
- Development of brawn (myodynamia) – i.e. activities developing static and dynamic abilities and muscle endurance. Well developed muscles ensure effective abilities, influence building of the body and enable carry out physical activity with minimum endeavor.
- Development of dexterity, mobility and coordination – i.e. exercises aimed at the development of moveability of spine and arthral system. Important with respect to sedentary way of life.
We have well prepared battery of motor tests with performance tables, which allow the comparison of the performance of different age groups.
We have chosen 5 tests which contain the exercises from all the above groups of activities.
Test no. 1 – THE SET WITH A BAR
The test of spina flexibility and general dexterity
Equipment: short bar, mat, stopwatch
Performance: Standing position, legs a little apart, bar behind back, hands holding the bar in shoulders width – step the bar over with left and right leg – fluently down through sitting and lying position make a cradle and at the same time cross the bar with both legs (bar now at the back, behind the knees, again) and through sitting quickly up to the basic position. The subject must hold the bar with both hands all the time.
Scoring: the set is repeated 5 x , the time is measured with the accuracy of 1 s.
Test no. 2 – SIT-UPS
Test of the dynamic, endurance-strength ability of abdominal muscles and loin- hip-thigh flexors.
Equipment: A felt strip, carpet or non-elastic gym mat, a stopwatch.
Performance: The subject takes the starting position – lying on his back, his arms clasped behind the neck, the elbow touching the mat. The knees are bent at a 90 degree angle, the feet are 20 – 30 cm apart, the soles on the ground. (nobody keeps the legs). When the signal is heard, the subject repeats the action as quickly as possible, i.e. repeats the sit-ups (with alternately left elbow touching the right bent knee and right elbow touching the left bent knee) and lie-downs (with back and hands touching the mat).
Scoring: The score is the number of complete and correct cycles (performances) per 2 minutes.
Test no. 3 – SHUTTLE RUN 4 x 10m
Test of the running speed ability with a change of the direction. Agility test.
Equipment: Level ground. Two bases about 20cm high placed 10m from each other. Stopwatch.
Performance: The subject takes up the position close to the starting line. After the command he starts moving forward to the base which is 10m away. He runs around the base and returns to the first base, around which he runs in such a way that the route run between the second and third section forms the figure eight. At the end of the third section he does not run around the base any longer, he only touches it with his hand and returns in the shortest way to the finishing line. He must again touch the first base with his hand.
Scoring: The time is registered with the accuracy of 0.1s.
Test no. 4 – STANDING BROAD JUMP
Test of the dynamic, explosive-strength ability of lower extremities. (The test of the power of the legs).
Equipment: flat , hard surface, mat or plastic strip or sandpit.
Performance: The subject stands with his feet a little apart, close to the take off line and jumps as far as possible with his feet together. Preparatory movements of arms and trunk are allowed, but no jump prior to the take off is permitted. There are three trials.
Scoring: According to the athletic rules. The scoring is done in centimeters ( with the accuracy within 1 cm),the best of the three trials is registered. The distance is measured from the take off line to the nearest touch of the heel or any part of the body.
Test no. 5 – PUSH-UPS
Test of the dynamic strength/endurance ability of arms and shoulders muscles.
No equipment needed.
a) Men and boys over 10: -Support in lying position (hands in shoulders width) – bend arms, elbows close to the trunk chest slightly touching the floor – push up to the basic position. Repeat as many times as possible.
b) Women of all age categories and boys under 9: the same but the basic position is support in kneeling position, trunk, hips and thighs in one line, knees bend, crura aiming upwards.
Scoring: only finished push-ups are registered. Head, trunk, hips and thighs must be in line. Incorrectly performed push-ups are not counted.
These tests can be performed with minimum preparation and in fact anywhere. It is however necessary to carry them out exactly according to the description, bad attempts are not counted. In the attached tables you can find the respective items up and consequently to make up the order of tested persons according to the number of achieved points.
With respect to the needs of Sokol unit it is possible to make the absolute order regardless the age category and other orders in respective categories. The results will be comparable in all Sokol member organizations.
II. Videoshow of stage compositions for 2011 (4th year)
Sisters and brothers,
We have prepared the 3rd year of videoshow of stage compositions for the year 2010. The show is traditionally non-competitive (there will be no order of the compositions) but the chosen compositions will be awarded special prizes.
How shall we make the choice?
Send the DVD with your composition, marked with the name of the composition, name of the author, Sokol unit and Sokol organization, to the address of directors of COS by April 15, 2011 at the latest. (Each composition should be screened from the front central stabile place without any added effects)
The entered compositions will be recorded together on one DVD and redistributed back to the directors of all WSF organizations to be assessed according to the following criteria:
- choice of the theme and music
- convenience for the concrete age category
- composition and choreography
- technical level of the performance (motion culture, synchronization, harmony with music)
- originality of the working out of the theme
- choice and convenience of the costumes and accessories
- possible usage of the apparatus and equipments
- overall impression
The organizations will choose 7 compositions they like most and will send their names by June 10, 2010 to the COS directors. The evaluations of the respective directors will be summarized and the best compositions will be published and awarded by diplomas.
Conditions for participation:
- Motion composition is a music ? motion coordinated whole created on the basis of the author´s leading idea (it cannot be replaced by various examples of unit exercises, displays of acrobatics etc.)
- Each WSF organization can send any number of compositions (there is no limit)
- The minimum number of performing gymnasts are 3, the age and composition of the group is not limited
- The performing area is 12 x 12 m at maximum
- The maximum duration of the composition is 4 minutes, the choice of music is not limited
- The choice of the genre and the motion content is only up to the author
- The composition can be performed without any apparatus or with it, even with any non traditional one
- The composition must not be created by professional choreograph
The level of the compositions in 2010 compared to the previous year was much higher and 78 (!) compositions participated in the show. We do hope that the launched trend will go on in 2011. We are looking forward to your beautiful compositions and we wish you all success and joy in the creation.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.